File a Complaint

For complaints related to food stamp benefits or other social service programs under Division of Family and Children Services (DFCS), report your matter to the Georgia Department of Human Services Office of the Inspector General by clicking here.

For complaints related to Medicaid, report your matter to the Georgia Department of Community Health Office of the Inspector General by clicking here.

OIG's executive order limits our jurisdiction and charges our office to avoid duplication of investigative efforts; therefore, if another state or federal agency has specific jurisdiction to handle your allegations, we will likely refer your complaint to that agency. Examples of issues that we may refer are health program administration, social services, insurance, licensing, environmental issues, social security, housing issues, and other federal programs.  In order to expedite the investigative process, determine the most appropriate agency to report your matter to by clicking Links for other investigative agencies.

A complaint can be submitted ONLINE by completing the OIG Complaint Form.

When completing the Complaint Form, please remember:

  • We only have jurisdiction to investigate allegations of fraud, waste, abuse and corruption within the Executive Branch of Georgia State Government.
  • We DO NOT have jurisdiction to investigate:
    • the Judicial Branch (lawyers, judges and prosecutors)
    • the Legislature
    • local government entities (example:  police departments, school boards, county government offices).
    • whistleblower law violation complaints

Although an online form submission is preferred, you may also file a complaint by telephone 1-866-435-7644 (1-866-HELPOIG) or by mail:

2 M.L.K. Jr. Drive SW
1102 West Tower
Atlanta, Georgia 30334