Report Fraud, Waste and Abuse

You may file a State OIG complaint by telephone at:

1-866-HELPOIG (1-866-435-7644)

You may also file a complaint by mail at:

Office of the State Inspector General
2 M.L.K. Jr. Drive SW
1102 West Tower
Atlanta, Georgia 30334

(Incomplete details or lack of contact information may result in delayed response time or inaction.)

Please see below for alternative options:

*Be aware that filing a complaint in a different manner may delay response time*

DHS OIG Complaint Form

For complaints related to Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) and Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) or other social service programs under Division of Family and Children Services (DFCS), report your matter to the Georgia Department of Human Services Office of the Inspector General.

File a DHS OIG Complaint

Medicaid Complaint Form

For complaints related to Medicaid/PeachCare for Kids®, report your matter to the Georgia Department of Community Health Office of the Inspector General.

File a Medicaid Complaint

State OIG Complaint Form

OIG's executive order limits our jurisdiction and charges our office to avoid duplication of investigative efforts; therefore, if another state or federal agency has specific jurisdiction to handle your allegations, we will likely refer your complaint to that agency. Examples of issues that we may refer are health program administration, social services, insurance, licensing, environmental issues, social security, housing issues, and other federal programs. In order to expedite the investigative process, determine the most appropriate agency to report your matter to by checking our page for other investigative agencies (Found Here).

File a State OIG Complaint

When completing the OIG Complaint Form, please remember:

  • We only have jurisdiction to investigate allegations of fraud, waste, abuse and corruption within the Executive Branch of Georgia State Government.
  • We DO NOT have jurisdiction to investigate:
    • the Judicial Branch (lawyers, judges and prosecutors);
    • the Legislature;
    • local government entities (example:  police departments, school boards, county government offices);
    • whistleblower law violation complaints.